Dog Dosed With LSD Had Been Adopted Only Days Earlier From County Animal Shelter

The dachshund whose owners admitted giving him LSD was adopted only days earlier from a Georgia animal shelter, records show.

The dog, named “Oscar,” was adopted by Nicholas Modrich on October 25 from the Gwinnett County Animal Welfare and Enforcement agency. Pictured above, the animal--two years old and 19.9 pounds--died of injuries sustained after being struck by a car Sunday evening (after being dosed with the psychedelic).

Modrich and Jaime Hughes, both 25, told cops that they “had done acid earlier” Sunday, and that they had given the drug to “Oscar.” Cops had been summoned to the pair’s home after witnesses spotted then running naked on a nearby roadway.

Modrich and Hughes were booked last night on several criminal charges, including possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and public indecency. And with a police investigation ongoing, they could face an additional animal cruelty charge.

The photo of “Oscar” and the dog’s adoption records were provided to TSG by the Gwinnett County Police Department in response to an Open Records Act request.