Restaurant Mistakenly Serves Daiquiris To Pair Of Four-Year-Old Patrons. Predictable Results Follow.

A pair of four-year-old boys were accidentally served daiquiris containing alcohol in a restaurant mishap that landed one child in a Florida hospital, police report.

According to a Clearwater Police Department report, the boys were eating lunch with their mothers last Sunday (Mother’s Day) when “two virgin strawberry daiquiri’s were ordered for their table.”

However, a waitress at Frenchy’s South Beach Café “incorrectly entered the order and two daiquiri’s containing alcohol were made and served to the table,” reported cops.

While one of the boys “tasted the drink and stopped drinking,” the other child “consumed more of the drink” and became intoxicated. He was subsequently evaluated by Clearwater Fire Department medics at the scene and transported by ambulance to a local hospital (where he was treated and released).

After questioning the waitress, Christine Johansen, police determined that there was “no intent involved on anyone’s part and was an accidental incident.” A visibly upset and apologetic Johansen explained that she “pushed the wrong button when she placed the order and mistakenly ordered ones containing alcohol.”

According to the Frenchy’s web site, the oceanfront eatery “boasts a Key West bistro atmosphere with open-air dining, a large sidewalk patio and an unbeatable view of the sparkling ocean.” No mention is made of its inebriated preschool clientele.